Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Reject non-ff pulls by default

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 22:50:31 +0200

John Keeping <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think we need to make sure that we give instructions for how to go
> back if the default hasn't done what you wanted.  Something like this:
>
>     Your pull did not fast-forward, so Git has merged '$upstream' into
>     your branch, which may not be correct for your project.  If you
>     would rather rebase your changes, run
>
>         git rebase
>
>     See "pull.mode" in git-config(1) to suppress this message in the
>     future.

Sounds good to me. One option is to display the warning on the
command-line, and another option is to show it in COMMIT_EDITMSG (since
we now default to showing it even for non-conflicted merges).

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/