Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/4] push: introduce new push.default mode "simple"

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:38:42 +0200

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Except for the broken-ness, this adds the last line in the warning message:
>
> Hmm?  What brokenness?

The brokenness of my previous iteration.

>> +		      "To chose either option permanently, read about push.default in git-config(1)\n"),
>
> Nice ;-)

But as Jeff pointed out, this should be displayed only if the option
hasn't been set explicitely.

> I think SIMPLE should come between CURRENT and UPSTREAM in the order of
> logical progression, i.e. CURRENT < SIMPLE < UPSTREAM,

I disagree. There's actually a partial order with SIMPLE < CURRENT,
SIMPLE < UPSTREAM, and CURRENT not comparable with UPSTREAM. Any
successfull push with SIMPLE would have done exactly the same thing for
either CURRENT and UPSTREAM.

> SIMPLE is a bit more advanced (you can take advantage of
> @{upstream})

You don't really "take advantage of @{upstream}". You just get
suspicious pushes denied.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/