Subject: Re: Git cheat sheet

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:14:55 +0200

Zack Rusin <[email-masked]> writes:

>> + A new section "Making Progress" and include commit, merge and
>>   rebase there, perhaps?
>
> Yeah, lack of rebase in the sheet bothers me a bit, since it's quite 
> important. Maybe I could remove the "useful commands" section and put 
> something in there...

But be carefull with rebase: it's easy to shoot yourself in the foot
with it (try rebasing a branch you've already published, and which
people already branched from if you want to see ;-) ). Putting it on a
"cheat sheet" increase the risk of seeing people using it without
knowing about the risk.

> I'm not sure if I should put the sheet in some more visible place, so for now 
> the updated svg and png's are at:

Just linking to them from the git wiki would be nice already.

-- 
Matthieu