Subject: Re: Formatting problem send_mail in version 2.10.0

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 18:18:47 +0200

Larry Finger <[email-masked]> writes:

> That added information at the end is intended to be passed on to the
> stable group. In this case, the patch needs to be applied to kernel
> versions 4.8 and later.

OK, but where do people fetch this information from?

When you use git send-email, the content of the Cc: trailers ends up
both in the body of the message and in the Cc: field of the same
message.

If you need the mention to appear in the body of the message, then using
parenthesis is fine: git send-email won't remove it (more precisely,
"send-email" will call "format-patch" which won't remove it).

Not an objection to patching send-email anyway, but if there's a simple
and RFC-compliant way to do what you're looking for, we can as well use
it (possibly in addition to patching).

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/