Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] t/Makefile: add a rule to re-run previously-failed tests

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 18:36:17 +0200

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Ævar,
>
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:05 PM, Johannes Schindelin
>> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> > The biggest problem with Strawberry Perl is that it is virtually
>> > impossible to build the Subversion-Perl bindings using the Git for
>> > Windows SDK when using Strawberry Perl.
>> >
>> > Which pretty much precludes it from being used in Git for Windows.
>> >
>> > And then there are the path issues... Git's Perl scripts are pretty
>> > certain that they live in a POSIX-y environment. Which MSYS2 Perl
>> > provides. Strawberry Perl not.
>> 
>> This might be me missing the point, and I'm really just trying to be
>> helpful here and make "prove" work for you because it's awesome, but
>> as far as just you running this for development purposes does any of
>> this SVN stuff matter? I.e. you can build Git itself not with
>> Strawberry, but just use Strawberry to get a working copy of "prove".
>
> Yes, the SVN stuff matters, because of the many t9*svn* tests (which, BTW
> take a substantial time to run). So if I run the test suite, I better do
> it with a perl.exe in the PATH that can run the SVN tests. Otherwise I
> might just as well not bother with running the entire test suite...

Maybe something like

\path\to\strawberry-perl\perl.exe \path\to\prove ...

without changing the PATH would work. I wouldn't call that convenient
though.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/