Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/4] ll-merge.c: refactor `read_merge_config()` to use `git_config_string()`

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 15:07:43 +0200

Tanay Abhra <[email-masked]> writes:

> There is one slight behavior change, previously "merge.default"
> silently ignored a NULL value and didn't raise any error. But,
> in the same function, all other values raise an error on a NULL
> value. So to conform with other call sites in Git, a NULL value
> for "merge.default" raises an error.

Good, thanks.

> We cannot easily use the new config-set API here, because
> much of the function is dedicated to processing
> "merge.<name>.variable" which does not easily translate to
> the new API. If it were for variables like,
> "merge.summary", "merge.tool", and "merge.verbosity", we
> could use the new API.

I think this would deserve to be in the commit message, but I'm fine
with keeping it here too.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/