Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4] Use git_mkstemp_mode and xmkstemp_mode in odb_mkstemp, not chmod later.

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:11:15 +0100

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> On another box with FC11 (git.git directory is on an ext4 partition), here
> is what "sh -x t1304-default.acl.sh -i -v" gives me when run in
> 'pu'.

Actually, it wasn't such a subtle configuration. You have umask=022 on
your machine, and I had umask=077 on the one I did the test. My test
script was setting umask after . test-lib.sh, it should have done it
before (so that the created repository is created with restrictive
umask right away).

While I was there, I also added a testcase for object files.

> By the way, here is what the same command gets when run on FreeBSD 8.0
> [...]
> + setfacl -Rm u:root:rwx .
> setfacl: illegal option -- R

Thanks. I fixed the script not to use -R. But that's without any
warranty, I don't have a FreeBSD machine for testing ...

New serie comming soon, which should adress all your comments.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/