Subject: Re: Getting Ensimag students to work on Git for a few weeks

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:32:28 +0100

Hervé Cauwelier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Have you considered projects contributing to libgit2?

Right now, the project is just an idea, so I didn't consider an idea
in particular. But I'd love to get people to work on libgit2 (I really
think this is _the_ thing that SVN has and that Git lacks), and
therefore, I'd love my students to work on this.

But as much as possible, I'll wait and decide the exact project with
the students.

> The students at ULCO [1] will be mentored by Andreas Ericsson.

Thanks for the pointer.

> Given that libgit2 is quite empty, there are many small tasks like
> starting commits, trees, tags, etc. objects.

OTOH, I don't know whether we'd get as much feedback working on
libgit2 than working on Git itself.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/