Subject: Re: Verbose as default for commit (optional)

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 22:03:14 +0200

Eloy Espinaco <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> It is my first mail to the list, so "hello world".

Hi, and welcome to the list.

> I wanted to make a feature-request about a config setting to make the
> commit always verbose. I'm not the only one asking for that, there is an
> old question in [Stack Overflow][1].

This seems a reasonable addition. In general, we commonly have config
options for commonly used CLI options.

> So I was thinking if it was possible to make a pull request for that, so
> I attach the patch. (I'm proud of it :) ).

Nice try, but the attached file is empty ;-). Actually, as much as
possible, avoid sending attachments but prefer inline patches.

You'll need a bit of reading to send a proper patch:

https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/