Subject: Re: [PATCH 8/8] Add git-ls, a user friendly version of ls-files and more

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:56:23 +0100

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]> writes:

> +int cmd_ls(int argc, const char **argv, const char *cmd_prefix)
> +{
> +	struct argv_array av = ARGV_ARRAY_INIT;
> +	argv_array_pushl(&av, "ls-files",
> +			 "--color", "--column", "--max-depth=0",
> +			 "--exclude-standard", "--refresh-index",
> +			 NULL);

I already have "git ls" as an alias for "git ls-files
--exclude-standard", so this change would bring me even more goodies, I
like it.

I'm a bit hesitant on the --max-depth=0 part by default. I like the way
my "git ls" alias recurses by default, but that may be just because I'm
used to it. Also, disabling it is can only be done by adding
--max-depth=-1 to the command-line, which isn't very convenient. Perhaps
there should be a "git ls -R" shorthand for "git ls --max-depth=-1".

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/