Subject: Re: [PATCH WIP 0/3] git log --exclude

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 10:08:07 +0200

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]> writes:

> This series adds --exclude that uses .gitignore mechanism remove
> commits whose changes that are _entirely_ excluded.

I'd see this --exclude as the opposite of specifying files, i.e. in a
repository containing directories A, B and C,

git log --exclude=B

would be the same as

git log A C

If I understand correctly, it's not the case with your implementation
because

> Because it uses .gitignore mechanism, beware that these patterns do
> not behave exactly like pathspecs

and because "git log --stat A C" (or --patch) will show the diff only
for A and C for commits touching all directories.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/