Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] travis-ci: build documentation

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 14:21:43 +0200

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 11:35:34AM +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
>
>> +# The follow numbers need to be adjusted when new documentation is added.
>> +test_file_count html 233
>> +test_file_count xml 171
>> +test_file_count 1 152
>
> This seems like it will be really flaky and a pain in the future. I'm
> not really sure what it's accomplishing, either. The earlier steps would
> complain if something failed to render, wouldn't they? At some point we
> have to have some faith in "make doc".

I agree. My proposal to check for a handful of generated files was just
because this extra paranoia was almost free (just 3 lines of code that
won't need particular maintenance).

In this case, I'm afraid the maintenance cost is much bigger than the
expected benefits.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/