Subject: Re: [PATCH] rebase -i: add exec command to launch a shell command

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 10:48:36 +0200

Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Montag, 2. August 2010, Matthieu Moy wrote:
>> The typical usage pattern would be to run a test (or simply a compilation
>> command) at given points in history.
>
> What happens if the command modifies the worktree and/or the index?

Something terrible :-(. The next patch application fails, and the
patch is more or less silently dropped (I thought it would fail giving
the user an opportunity to fix and re-apply, but it doesn't).

New version checks working tree cleanness right after the command
finishes, and stops cleanly, in time (restart with "git rebase
--continue"). This comes with a new test.

(But the command can possibly create a new commit or amend the
previous one without problem)

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/