Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH] status: introduce status.displayCommentChar to disable display of #

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:43:36 +0200

Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> writes:

> How does your solution work when dirty submodules are involved and
> submodule status is included?f

Badly ;-).

I didn't notice the subcommand call for submodules summary. It's a bit
more tricky to get right, as the "git sumbodule summary --for-status"
call did not know whether it was called from commit or from status.

I fixed this by adding a --[no-]-display-comment-char to git submodule
summary.

>> +test_expect_success 'status with status.displayCommentChar=false' '
>> +	"$PERL_PATH" -pi -e "s/^\# //; s/^\#$//; s/^#\t/\t/" expect &&
>
> Perl's -i does not work on Windows when no backup file extension is given.
> Therefore, please use a temporary file or "... -pi.bak ..."

OK I didn't know that. I went the old good sed+mv way.

New series comming.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/