Subject: Re: [BUG] git gui blame: Show History Context broken since 29e5573d

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 07:40:16 +0100

[ Adding Pat Thoyts, author of the first patch, in Cc ]

Giuseppe Bilotta <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 04:18:11PM +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>>> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Matthieu Moy
>>> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> > Hi,
>>> >
>>> > In "git gui blame", right-clicking on the left fringe and chosing
>>> > "Show History Context" in the context-menu doesn't work for me in the
>>> > latest git. It says:
>>> >
>>> > couldn't change working directory to "": no such file or directory
>>>
>>> Definitely my fault. _gitworktree was not being set up correctly when
>>> support for bare repositories was enabled and the repo was not bare
>>> (like in the blame case). Patch incoming, can you see if it does the
>>> job for you? It seems to fix it here.

[ patch available here :
  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/140688 ]

>> Isn't this the same bug as this one fixes:
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/140288

It seems it is, yes.

> I believe my fix to be more correct in this regard.

Not familiar enought with the code to say which is the right one.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/