Subject: Re: [PATCH] trailer: ignore first line of message

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 09:01:34 +0200

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> When looking for the start of the trailers in the message
> we are passed, we should ignore the first line of the message.

Thanks, this fixes my issue.

There's one more corner-case I've just thought of:

git commit -m 'place of
code: change we made'

(with the line break)

Git considers this message as a summary line broken in the middle. "git
log --oneline" shows it as a one-liner, as if it were
'place of code: change we made'.

Even with your patch, the trailer is added without a blank line, and
renders on the subject line in `git log --oneline`. My command above
with a commit-msg hook outputs:

[master 86f32d5] place of: code: change we made Signed-off-by: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>

(on a single line)

I do not care deeply, but you may want to let interpret-trailers deal
with this case too.

Thanks,

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/