Subject: Re: Officially start moving to the term 'staging area'

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 21:15:03 +0200

Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:

> Matthieu Moy wrote:
>> These explanations make sense. I think it would be better to put part of
>> it in commit messages, so that future contributors can "git blame" the
>> doc/implem of these --stage and find them (i.e. avoid the
>> misunderstanding that occured with "git stage" command which was
>> proposed for removal).
>
> Yes, but which commit? All of them? Perhaps it would make sense to add a link
> to the cover e-mail, or add an explanation in Documentation/gitstagingarea.txt
> or something.

Putting the explanation about --stage in the first commit about it, and
then saying something like "continue the work on --stage" in the next
messages would make sense to me.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/