Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 17:05:57 +0100

Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Jakub Narebski wrote:
>
>> I'd send other ideas (including new ones, like translating
>> svn:externals into git submodules in git-svn; or making git mode
>> for Emacs have all features of tig, git-gui and gitk; or improving
>> shallow clone support) in a later post.
>
> And here they are.
>
> * GNU Emacs git GUI
>
>   Make git mode for Emacs full featured git GUI, and not only commit
>   tool, following ideas of PCL-CVS... and its limitation. I guess that
>   DVC (http://download.gna.org/dvc) git mode is one thing to examine
>   searching for features to implement, but from what I have read in
>   documentation it is quite a but GNU Arch centric.

The documentation is, but the tool isn't. Actually, DVC started as
"Xtla", which was _only_ a GNU Arch interface. The tool evolved a lot
since then, but the documentation is totally outdated :-(.

-- 
Matthieu