Subject: Re: [PATCH] bisect: revise manpage

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:00:51 +0200

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> +Eventually there will be no more revisions left to bisect, and the
>> +command will print out a description of the first bad commit, and also
>> +create a reference called `refs/bisect/bad` that points at that
>> +commit.
>
> This could be understood as meaning that `refs/bisect/bad` is created
> only at the end of the bisection.
>
>> -Eventually there will be no more revisions left to bisect, and you
>> -will have been left with the first bad kernel revision in "refs/bisect/bad".
>
> The original looks better to me in this regard.

I'm changing it to:

Eventually there will be no more revisions left to bisect, and the
command will print out a description of the first bad commit. The
reference `refs/bisect/bad` created by bisect will point at that
commit.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/