Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 7/7] send-email: suppress leading and trailing whitespaces before alias expansion

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:28:48 +0200

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Remi Lespinet <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I agree, I'd like to put it right after split_at_commas in a separate
>> function "trim_list". Is it a good idea even if the function is one
>> line long ?
>
> Hmph, if I have "A, B, C" and call a function that gives an array of
> addresses, treating the input as comma-separated addresses, I would
> expect ("A", "B", "C") to be returned from that function, instead of
> having to later trim the whitespace around what is returned.

It is actually doing this. But if you have " A,B,C  ", then you'll get
" A", "B", "C  ". But once you're trimming around commas, trimming
leading and trailing spaces fits well with split itself.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/