Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFCv2 1/2] git-rebase -i: add command "drop" to remove a commit

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 20:36:01 +0200

Remi Galan Alfonso <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Is this sufficient?
>
>> If you are going to do something in 2/2 that relies on the format of
>> this line being correct (as opposed to "noop" or "#" that can have
>> any garbage on the remainder of the line), wouldn't you want to at
>> least check $sha1 is sensible?
>
> That's also something that I was wondering, I wrote about it in the
> 0/2 part of this patch, I wanted some opinion about it.

Ideally, I think we should do a sanity check before starting the rebase,
and error out if we encounter an invalid command, a command that should
be followed by a valid sha1 and does not, ...

But currently, we do the verification while applying commands, and I
don't think there's anything really helpful to do if we encounter a
"drop this-is-not-a-sha1" command.

So, IMHO, why not do this check, but I'm not sure it will actually help
much.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/