Subject: Re: Our cumbersome mailing list workflow

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 19:24:12 +0100

Torsten Bögershausen <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2014-11-25 01.28, Michael Haggerty wrote:
> []
>> Let me list the aspects of our mailing list workflow that I find
>> cumbersome as a contributor and reviewer:
>> 
>> * Submitting patches to the mailing list is an ordeal of configuring
>> format-patch and send-email and getting everything just right, using
>> instructions that depend on the local environment.
> Typically everything fits into ~/.gitconfig,
> which can be carried around on a USB-Stick.

I personnally submit all my Git patches from a machine whose
/usr/sbin/sendmail knows how to send emails, so for me configuration is
super simple. But I can imagine the pain of someone working on various
machines with various network configuration and normally using a webmail
to send emails. Sharing ~/.gitconfig does not always work because on
machine A you only can use one SMTP server, and on machine B only
another ...

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/