Subject: Re: git push default behaviour?

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 09:25:59 +0100

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> I just dug it up; start from here:
>
>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/123350/focus=123541

That's an old discussion. A more recent one is here:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/166743

(interleaved with a discussion about tag namespace, but the end of the
message is about push.default)

In this discussion, you (Junio) proposed a patch and argued exactly in
the direction I do right now. I think the discussion stopped here:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/166743

(i.e. "Care to roll an appliable patch?", which I guess everyone has
been too lazy to do)

Patch follows.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/