Subject: Re: [GSoC] Applying for conversion scripts to builtins

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:03:16 +0100

Yurii Shevtsov <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm going to write for this idea. As I know good proposal should
> contain timeline and Todo estimations. What should I write in my
> proposal, since there is no clear plan for converting scripts to
> builtins. Thanks in advance!

The fact that there is no clear plan is part of the plan. The idea is
that how much can be converted depends highly on how the GSoC goes. You
already saw with your microproject that something apparently easy can be
harder than it seems.

See this thread for a discussion on the topic:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/264050/focus=21366

Now, it's up to you to make a good proposal, i.e. both convince people
that you can do a good job, and OTOH be realistic about what can be done
in a GSoC.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/