Subject: Re: [RFH] GSoC 2015 application

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:39:42 +0100

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

>   - Matthieu, who also cited time constraints

Just to clarify: last year we were co-mentoring with Ram. I ended up
having a lot of time and did most of the work (not blaming Ram, and I
enjoyed the experience). I'm still motivated to co-mentor, but this time
the co-mentoring has to be more balanced (or unballanced to the other
mentor ;-) ).

>   - Junio, who contributed some project ideas, but who in the past has
>     declined to mentor in order to remain impartial as the maintainer
>     who evaluates student results (which I think is quite reasonable)

Yes, as a mentor I did appreciate having Junio as impartial
maintainer/reviewer. And he did for sure contribute even without being a
mentor!

>>From your list, it seems we can target 1 or 2 slots. I'd say it's still
worth applying, but if we don't find more mentors then perhaps it would
make sense to say so explicitely in
http://git.github.io/SoC-2015-Ideas.html so that students looking for
organization know that we'll have very few slots.

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/