Subject: Re: [RFC-PATCH 2/2] t9001: adding --quote-mail option test

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 22:05:55 +0200

> Subject: [RFC-PATCH 2/2] t9001: adding --quote-mail option test

We write messages at imperative tone, hence s/adding/add/

Tom Russello <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Tom Russello <[email-masked]>

Please use the same identity for email and commit to avoid this line.

> ---
>
>
> diff --git a/t/t9001-send-email.sh b/t/t9001-send-email.sh

No diffstat again?

Splitting a patch series as "code first; tests after" is not a good idea
IMHO. When questionning the behavior of To: Vs Cc: in the previous
patch, I would have appreciated having tests in the same message, to
check that the tested behavior was indeed the one I was reading in the
code.

OTOH, having one patch to introduce "--quote-email populates To: and Cc:
headers", and then another one for "--quote-email quotes the message
body" would make the review much easier.

Oh, BTW, this obviously lacks documentation
(Documentation/git-send-email.txt).

And that's one reason why the diffstat is useful: one can reply "this
lacks tests and doc" before even reviewing the patch.

Regards,

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/