Subject: Re: [PATCH] merge: make merge state available to prepare-commit-msg hook

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 22:30:31 +0100

Ryan Biesemeyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> In this case it was not immediately clear to me how to add cleanup to an existing
> test that dirtied the state of the test repository by leaving behind an in-progress
> merge.

Jonathan's answer is an option. Another one is

test_expect_success 'cleanup' '
	git reset ...
'

So if the cleanup goes wrong, one can notice.

> I'm new to the mailing-list patch submission process; how would I go
> about adding it?

You can apply my patch with "git am" in your tree (or at worse, do it by
hand and steal authorship, I don't mind for a 2 characters patch ;-) ),
fix your patch to add the missing &&, and then resend with stg like "git
send-email -v2 --in-reply-to=<old-msg-id>"

> Submit the cover-letter & patches again?

Definitely submit patches again. Usually, the cover letter for a resend
emphasizes on changes compared to previous version.

> Squash your commit into the relevant one of mine?

Preferably not, as my fix is unrelated from yours (mine can come before,
as a cleanup).

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/