Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-remote-helpers.txt: explain how import works with multiple refs

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 12:35:18 +0200

Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +	is followed by a blank line). For example, the following would
>> +	be two batches of 'push', the first asking the remote-helper
>> +	to push the local ref 'master' to the remote ref 'master' and
>> +	the local 'HEAD' to the remote 'branch', and the second
>> +	asking to push ref 'foo' to ref 'bar' (forced update requested
>> +	by the '+').
>> ++
>> +------------
>> +push refs/heads/master:refs/heads/master
>> +push HEAD:refs/heads/branch
>> +\n
>> +push +refs/heads/foo:refs/heads/bar
>> +\n
>> +------------
>
> Probably examples like this could go in a later EXAMPLES section.

I think having a few examples within the explanations helps the reader
visualize what commands look like, and understand better further
explanations.

Plus, the example explains quickly the + which isn't documented
otherwise (but people reading this probably already know what a refspec
is and what the + normally means in this context so it's probably
sufficient to explain it as a side remark in an example)

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/