Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/7] bisect: replace hardcoded "bad|good" by variables

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 15:47:34 +0200

Antoine Delaite <[email-masked]> writes:

> Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]> wrote: 
>
>>Being an acceptable ref name is a constraint you have to check (Junio 
>>already mentionned check-ref-format). I think quoting variables makes 
>>sense too 
>
> I don't get how 'git check-ref-format' works exactly. It says it needs 
> at least one slash in the ref name. So it would not be good for bisect 
> terms.

At some point, refs/bisect/$good and refs/bisect/$bad-$sha1 will become
refs, so you should check refs/bisect/$good and refs/bisect/$bad with
check-ref-format (I think the -$sha1 suffix will be accepted by
construction).

-- 
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/