Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Add configuration variable for sign-off to format-patch

From: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 13:36:24 +0200

Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]> writes:

> How about:
> "Some projects (notably the Linux kernel and git itself) put special
> meaning in a 'Signed-off-by' line while other's dont. Please refer
> to your project's documentation for appropriate behaviour."
>
> Optionally with the following amendment:
>
> "In general, you should refrain from signing off on a patch containing
> material that you're not sure can be legally spread under the project's
> license."

To me, this is at least an improvement over refering to
SubmittingPatches (which is targeted to Git contributors) in the
documentation (targeted to Git users), yes.

Not sure whether these two sentences should come in the documentation
for the config option or the command-line switch.

-- 
Matthieu