Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-send-email: add ~/.authinfo parsing

From: Michal Nazarewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 14:26:46 +0100

On Wed, Feb 06 2013, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I see a lot of rerolls on the credential helper front, but is there
> anybody working on hooking send-email to the credential framework?

I assumed someone had, but if not I can take a stab at it.  I'm not sure
however how should I map server, server-port, and user to credential
key-value pairs.  I'm leaning towards

	protocol=smtp
	host=<smtp-server>:<smtp-port>
	user=<user>

and than netrc/authinfo helper splitting host to host name and port
number, unless port is not in host in which case protocol is assumed as
port.

-- 
Best regards,                                         _     _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o
..o | Computer Science,  Michał “mina86” Nazarewicz    (o o)
ooo +----<email/xmpp: [email-masked]>--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--