Subject: [PATCH] SubmittingPatches: proactively monitor GHCI pages

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2026 11:58:48 +0900

Even those contributors who do not come from GGG and do not first
push their changes to their repositories on GitHub with CI enabled,
can still monitor the CI runs triggered by integration of their
topic to 'seen' and other branches to notice a breakage their topic
caused to the system.

Encourage them to help the project by keeping an eye on these CI
runs.

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/SubmittingPatches | 11 +++++++++++
 1 file changed, 11 insertions(+)

diff --git c/Documentation/SubmittingPatches w/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
index e270ccbe85..ad2dce1998 100644
--- c/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
+++ w/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
@@ -792,6 +792,17 @@ relevant for debugging.
 Then fix the problem and push your fix to your GitHub fork. This will
 trigger a new CI build to ensure all tests pass.
 
+Even if you do not use GitHub CI to test your changes, pay close
+attention to new failures on the branches when the maintainer pushes
+out after your topic gets merged to the 'seen' branch to make sure
+that your topic is not breaking the CI, and retract your breaking
+topic quickly while you fix the breakage you caused.
+
+To see maintainer's push, keep an eye on this page:
+
+  `https://github.com/git/git/actions/workflows/main.yml?query=event%3Apush+actor%3Agitster`
+
+
 [[mua]]
 == MUA specific hints