Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Mar 2026, #10)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2026 12:50:01 -0700

Shreyansh Paliwal <[email-masked]> writes:

>> * sp/add-patch-with-fewer-the-repository (2026-03-17) 1 commit
>>  - add-patch: use repository instance from add_i_state instead of the_repository
>>
>>  Reduce dependency on `the_repository` in add-patch.c file.
>>
>>  Needs review.
>>  source: <[email-masked]>
>
> I think this was considered ready in the previous 'What's cooking in git.git',
> so the status can be changed now.

This was listed in the new topics section in issue #07 (Mar 19) but
I do not recall updating its status in any later issue.  The only
change was in issue #08 (Mar 21) in which the topic was moved from
new to cooking without changing any status.

The only comment the patch got was from me about interaction with
other topics in flight, and there was no discussion or comments on
what the patch wants to do makes sense, or if the way how the patch
does so is correct, which should be the real review.

And I do not consider my single reading alone a sufficient review
most of the time.