Subject: Re: [PATCH GSoC] repo: Remove unnecessary variable shadow

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2026 11:11:21 -0800

JAYATHEERTH K <[email-masked]> writes:

> I got a review on this patch,
> if no one has an issue I wanted to remind it for the next cycle.

Thanks.

An easier way to ping is to resubmit exactly the same patch, with
reviewed-by: or acked-by: trailer crediting the reviewer.  We have
2000+ messages in 4 weeks, so "I got a review on this patch" without
a pointer is much less useful to verify what feedback came to the
thread from whom.  FYI here are from the headers of the message I am
responding to.

    References: <[email-masked]>
    Message-ID: <CA+rGoLeppg4Xaoqg6+SZ=ET=[email-masked]>

The reference points at the patch itself, and just like Git commits
do not have pointers to their children, the original patch message
has no links to reviews on it X-<.

I'll commit this with the following change now.

Thanks.

1:  006c49ee01 ! 1:  a66c8c7f91 repo: Remove unnecessary variable shadow
    @@ Metadata
     Author: K Jayatheerth <[email-masked]>
     
      ## Commit message ##
    -    repo: Remove unnecessary variable shadow
    +    repo: remove unnecessary variable shadow
     
         Avoid redeclaring `entry` inside the conditional block, removing
         unnecessary variable shadowing and improving code clarity without
         changing behavior.
     
         Signed-off-by: K Jayatheerth <[email-masked]>
    +    Acked-by: Justin Tobler <[email-masked]>
         Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
     
      ## builtin/repo.c ##