Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Dec 2025, #03)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2025 10:59:56 +0900

Adrian Ratiu <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2025, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> * ar/run-command-hook (2025-12-04) 11 commits
>> ...
>>  Use hook API to replace ad-hoc invocation of hook scripts with the
>>  run_command() API.
>>
>>  Will merge to 'next'?
>>  source: <[email-masked]>
>
> I think this can be merged to next, since the latest iteration has been
> sitting for a few weeks with no more feedback and all tests are green.

"tests being green" tells us that with the current coverage we
didn't see any regression but not more than that.  Especially, it
does not say anything about the quality of new code (and test) and
if it is in good shape to build on top.  

It also is very hard to tell from "no more feedback" if there is no
room for further improvements, or people are simply disinterested in
the topic and are not tempted to spend their brain cycles to help
improve the topic.

If there is no more comments, I'll try to see if I can block some
time to read the topic over myself with a pair of fresh eyes before
deciding.

Thanks for pinging.