Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] contrib/contacts: rename .txt to .adoc

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 10:47:27 -0800

Todd Zullinger <[email-masked]> writes:

> Since this is only in next and the first patch of the series
> targets a "breakage" in 2.49.0-rc0, should I split the
> latter commits into a separate series based on next or is
> ef18273a2d9 likely to be merged into master before 2.49.0?

ef18273a (Merge branch 'ps/meson-contrib-bits' into next,
2025-02-27) WILL NEVER be merged into master in any timeframe.
Doing so will pull all the other merge commits on 'next' into
'master'.

According to tinyurl.com/gitcal, we plan to tag -rc1 on Mar 4th and
-rc2 on Mar 10th.  The topic ps/meson-contrib-bits will have spent 7
calendar days in 'next' before we tag -rc2, so unless people find
issues with the topic while in 'next', it is expected to land before
the 10th.

Creating a merge of ps/meson-contrib-bits topic into the 'master'
(you do this yourself locally), and building your series on that
merge commit (and you send these patches to the list, saying that
they are based on such a merge in the cover letter) would be the
most appropriate in this case, I think.

Thanks.