Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/9] commit-reach: -Wsign-compare follow-ups

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2024 07:38:56 -0800

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for your fix. I'll have a look at whether I can include a 32 bit
> job into GitLab CI for improved test coverage here so that it does not
> fall on you to fix up things like this going forward.

I noticed it since it failed GitHub actions thing which already has 32-bit
job.

>   - t5616-partial-clone regularly fails on macOS. [1] This seems like a
>     race condition or to me:

I've seen it before as well at GitHub actions side.  Running
"t5616-*.sh --stress" locally on Debian (x86-64) did not help
isolate it very well.

>   - The leak-checking jobs fail quite regularly in t0003 with something
>     that feels like either a race caused by a leak or an issue with the
>     sanitizer itself [2]:

This one I am not aware of.

>   - Windows has been quite flaky since adding it to GitLab CI. No idea
>     whether it's the same for GitHub Actions.

Similar on GitHub CI front.  Not that I am playing favors between
GitHub and GitLab, but for historical reasons I've pushed to the
former myself but not to the latter, so I do not notice breakages on
the latter.

> The thing is, the less reliable it becomes the more likely it is that
> people are simply going to ignore its results.

Indeed.  Also, for macOS and Windows, I have no access to an
environment to let me debug, so it is really up to the platform
stakeholders to see what they can do to help.

Thanks.