Subject: Re: [PATCH 7/8] builtin/repack.c: drop `DELETE_PACK` macro

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 11:16:46 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> If the intent is to make this check a bit prettier, how about we instead
> introduce a helper function like the following:
>
> ```
> static inline int pack_marked_for_deletion(const struct string_list_item *item)
> {
>         return (uintptr) item->util & DELETE_PACK;
> }
> ```

Good suggestion.

Or just check if it is NULL (with the new code that only cares about
the NULL-ness).  Regardless of the implementation, having such a
helper would document the intent of the code better, especially if
there are multiple places that make that check.

> Other than that the rest of this series looks good to me, thanks.
>
> Patrick

Thanks.