Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/4]t4113: replace backslash with single quote

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 13:00:56 -0800

Shuqi Liang <[email-masked]> writes:

The example Andrei gave you, i.e.

    Test scripts in file t4113-apply-ending.sh are written in old style,
    where the test_expect_success command and test title are written on
    separate lines ...

was quite readable, but this

> Change the old style '\'  to new style "'"

is almost impossible to understand without knowing that this wanted
to say what Andrei gave in a different way.  The title is worse.
It's not replacing a backslash with a single quote, which would
result in

    -test_expect_success setup \
    +test_expect_success setup '
        'git update-index --add file'

and obviously that is not what you did (or wanted to do).

> Signed-off-by: Shuqi Liang <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  t/t4113-apply-ending.sh | 16 +++++++++-------
>  1 file changed, 9 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

The patch text looks OK.