Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.35.3 and below as a usability fix

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 17:22:05 -0700

The latest maintenance releases Git v2.35.3, together with releases
for older maintenance tracks v2.30.4, v2.31.3, v2.32.2, v2.33.3,
and v2.34.3, are now available at the usual places.

These maintenance releases are to address usability issues in the
recent releases 'v2.35.2', 'v2.34.2', 'v2.33.2', 'v2.32.1',
'v2.31.2', and 'v2.30.3', where each "safe" directory has to be
listed on the safe.directory configuration variables.  A broader
escape hatch has been added so that the value '*' can be used to
declare "my colleagues and their repositories I may ever visit are
all trustworthy".

The same fix appears in the tip of 'master' and all the integration
branches of the project above 'master', too.

The tarballs are found at:

    https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/

The following public repositories all have a copy of the tags
mentioned above in the first paragraph.

  url = https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git
  url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
  url = https://github.com/gitster/git

Credit for the usability fix goes to Derrick Stolee.