Subject: Re: [PATCH] ci: use upload-artifacts v1 for dockerized jobs

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 23:28:30 -0700

Carlo Arenas <[email-masked]> writes:

> The advantages of using an official image will be :
>
> * more likely to be cached and therefore less likely to fail the job
> * easier to move to a newer version (specially considering 16.04 is EOL)
>
> Would it be better to drop or document it for v2?

It smells like a sensible thing to do to switch to the more
up-to-date "official" one when such a thing exists---I do not think
we have any strange dependency that makes us favor using a possibly
stale one.

It however should be a separate patch under a different title, as it
sounds like that it does not have anything to do with the "use
upload-artifacts v1" theme.  So

 (1) drop the hunk from this patch to make it purely about
     upload-artifacts v1.

 (2) add a new patch that lets us use the official image.

would be a reasonable way forward.

Thanks.