Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] rev-list --disk-usage

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 09:57:12 -0800

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I think this is the "narrowly scoped" bit from Junio's response above.
>> It would be a bit weird to have an examples section for rev-list that
>> only mentions this rather obscure feature.
>
> I don't think the lack of an EXAMPLES section or the relative obscurity
> of the switch should preclude us from adding useful documentation.
>
> Yes it would feel a bit out of place, but we can always have a
> sub-section of EXAMPLES, and we've got to start somewhere.
>
> In this case I don't see why it couldn't be added to OPTIONS, we've got
> some very long discussion there already, and as long as there's a clear
> separation in prose from an initial brief discussion of the switch and
> further prose it won't be confusing for readers, they can just page past
> the details.

OK.

In any case, [v2] as we have it (with test number relocation) should
be good as-is, so I'd start preparing to merge it down to 'next'
soonish.

Thanks.