Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/20] Separate `ref_cache` into a separate module

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:01:16 -0700

Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]> writes:

> This version literally only contains a few commit message changes and
> one minor comment changes relative to v1. The code is identical. I
> wasn't sure whether it is even worth sending this patch series to the
> ML again; Junio, if you'd prefer I just send a link to a published
> branch in such cases, please let me know.

The review on the list is not about letting me pick it up, but is
about giving reviewing contributors a chance to comment.  I think
for a series this important ;-) it is good that you are giving it
multiple exposures so that people who were offline the last time can
have a chance to look at it, even if the update is minimum.

> This patch series is also available from my GitHub fork [2] as branch
> "separate-ref-cache". These patches depend on Duy's
> nd/files-backend-git-dir branch.

I am getting the impression that the files-backend thing as well as
this topic are ready for 'next'.  Please stop me if I missed something
in these topics (especially the other one) that needs updating
before that happens.

Thanks.