Subject: Re: [PATCH 16/19] mingw: avoid absolute path in t0008

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 14:20:23 -0800

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Is the fact that $global_excludes is specified using an absolute
>> path significant to the correctness of this test script?
>
> Apparently not. So I followed your suggestion and made this independent
> of the OS:
>
> 	https://github.com/dscho/git/commit/0b9eb308

I see many "cd" in the script, some of which come before the global
exclude file is enabled, but others ("--stdin from subdirectory",
for example) do run from a subdirectory.  It turns out that this
file is used as the value of core.excludesfile.  By the time that
file is read in setup_standard_excludes(), presumably we have
already done setup_git_directory() and moved back to the root of the
working tree, so I guess such a change would be harmless.

It somehow makes me feel dirty, though.  But that is not a specific
problem to mingw port.