Subject: Re: git log --author=me

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 13:30:50 -0800

Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]> writes:

> Alternatively: How about teaching git-completion to complete the
> argument to --author? Expensive, I know, but faster than typing it out
> or realising "Michael J" is not as unique as you think ;)

Or

    $ git log --author="$me"

with

    me='Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>'

in your $HOME/.profile or somewhere?

I personally would find "--author=me" not so bad (especially if
finding _my_ work were a very important workflow element), and I may
even tell people to do

    $ git log --author='[m]e'

if they want to find anybody with substring 'me' in their ident.

But that is only if it weren't for existing users, and we live in an
imperfect world where we seem to have many of existing users
already.