Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 3/3] cat-file: add --follow-symlinks to --batch

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 16:06:53 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> David Turner <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> In addition, I would like to have the format for the dangling, loop, and
>> notdir cases match the missing case.  In other words, "HEAD:link
>> missing", "HEAD:link dangling", etc.  Users already need to parse the
>> missing case, so we might as well make the others match.
>
> Interesting to see our opinions differ here, especially because the
> previous suggestion was coming from "users already need to parse the
> 'symlink' case, so we might as well make the others match" ;-).
>
> Between 'missing' and 'symlink', the latter is richer in information
> and easier to parse, I would have thought.

Forgot to conclude the paragraph with final sentence.

... But I do not deeply care either way.

Thanks.