Subject: Re: [PATCH] blame: add blame.showemail config option

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 09:10:40 -0700

Quentin Neill <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 12:22 AM, Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Despite being case-insensitive and despite existing inconsistencies,
>> in documentation, it is customary to use camelCase for configuration
>> options, so "blame.showEmail".
>
> I noticed while testing that git_config()/git_value() lowercase
> everything, so to be clear this camelCase custom for configuration
> names is for documentation only, right?

Correct.  Write "section.variableName" in documentation and
invocations of "git config" command in scripts.  Compare key
with "section.variablename" in git_config() callback.

> I'm thinking of a test file that will test all the git blame options,
> but for this
> patch it will only test the new showEmail config.  I read t/README and
> tentatively named the new test file "t/8009-blame-config.sh".

I'd suggest

 [PATCH 1/2] blame: add blame.showEmail configuration

which would be the polished version of the patch we have been
discussing, plus tests for this particular feature, and

 [PATCH 2/2] blame: more tests

which would widen test coverage to other configuration variables and
features.