Subject: Re: [PATCH] rev-list: refuse --first-parent combined with --bisect

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 00:00:12 -0800

Kevin Daudt <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 07, 2015 at 10:31:16PM +0100, Kevin Daudt wrote:
>> diff --git a/builtin/rev-list.c b/builtin/rev-list.c
>> index ff84a82..c271e15 100644
>> --- a/builtin/rev-list.c
>> +++ b/builtin/rev-list.c
>> @@ -291,6 +291,9 @@ int cmd_rev_list(int argc, const char **argv, const char *prefix)
>>  	if (revs.bisect)
>>  		bisect_list = 1;
>>  
>> +	if(revs.first_parent_only && revs.bisect)
>
> I should have added a space after the if.

Since you are practicing, let me say that a better way to do this is
to reroll the whole patch and have that comment after the three-dash
line.

That is, you respond to your message with a new patch that corrects
the above, and where you said "This is my first code patch, and
thought this was a nice exercise." in your first message, you would
say

  ---

   * changes from v1: corrected coding guideline violation that
     missed a SP between "if("

or something like that.

Thanks.