Subject: Re: [PATCH 06/12] t: prepare execution of potentially failing commands for `set -e`

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2026 18:09:08 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think I know what is lacking in this patch.  Following the above
> section (which is a good conversion), there is this bit that needs a
> similar handling.
>
>  t/lib-git-svn.sh | 4 ++--
>  1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
>
> diff --git c/t/lib-git-svn.sh w/t/lib-git-svn.sh
> index 2fde2353fd..24c15d17eb 100644
> --- c/t/lib-git-svn.sh
> +++ w/t/lib-git-svn.sh
> @@ -27,13 +27,13 @@ export svnrepo
>  svnconf=$PWD/svnconf
>  export svnconf
>  
> +x=0
>  perl -w -e "
>  use SVN::Core;
>  use SVN::Repos;
>  \$SVN::Core::VERSION gt '1.1.0' or exit(42);
>  system(qw/svnadmin create --fs-type fsfs/, \$ENV{svnrepo}) == 0 or exit(41);
> -" >&3 2>&4
> -x=$?
> +" >&3 2>&4 || x=$?
>  if test $x -ne 0
>  then
>  	if test $x -eq 42; then

The above is queued as a squash fix-up on top of the topic, but with
the topic merged to 'seen', we seem to be getting a CI failure that
appears specific to macOS.  Compare the failing

  https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/24371204585 (aa13593)

with the same tree without the topic

  https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/24369661492 (ad8b884)

The only differences between the commits are

$ git diff --compact-summary ad8b884 aa13593
 t/lib-git-daemon.sh                | 13 ++++++++++---
 t/lib-git-svn.sh                   |  7 +++----
 t/lib-httpd.sh                     |  3 +--
 t/t0005-signals.sh                 |  4 ++--
 t/t0008-ignores.sh                 |  4 ++--
 t/t1301-shared-repo.sh             |  2 +-
 t/t3600-rm.sh                      |  2 +-
 t/t4032-diff-inter-hunk-context.sh | 14 ++++++++------
 t/t6002-rev-list-bisect.sh         | 17 ++++++++++-------
 t/t7450-bad-git-dotfiles.sh        | 24 +++++++++++++-----------
 t/t7508-status.sh                  |  4 ++--
 t/t9138-git-svn-authors-prog.sh    |  4 ++--
 t/t9200-git-cvsexportcommit.sh     |  3 +--
 t/t9400-git-cvsserver-server.sh    |  5 +++--
 t/t9401-git-cvsserver-crlf.sh      |  4 ++--
 t/t9402-git-cvsserver-refs.sh      |  4 ++--
 t/t9902-completion.sh              |  2 +-
 t/test-lib-functions.sh            | 12 ++++++++----
 t/test-lib.sh                      |  8 ++++++--
 19 files changed, 78 insertions(+), 58 deletions(-)

which does match what is contained in this topic.