Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] fast-(import|export): improve on commit signature output format

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2025 08:35:20 -0700

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

>> And I totally agree with you that reviews often deserve very well
>> reasoned responses, which take time to prepare; a response that
>> comes as spinal reflex without much thought is often not very
>> useful.
>>
>> It really depends on the definition of "fast" in "fast response".
>>
>> If we need a week to come up with a newer iteration,
>
> The issue is that whatever the time we could set as a norm, like "a
> week" here or 2 or 3 days, or one month, or whatever,

Yeah, topic sizes varies.

Historically, summer is a slower season and these messages I sent
are primarily for me to keep track of topics on flight.  "I am on
vacation for a few more weeks so expect response time longer than
usual" would have been a perfectly fine response.

Not even acknowledging receipt of review comments was what I
primarily saw as a communication gap.